Custody Changed Post-Divorce for Alabama Couple

About Alabama Divorce & Family Law

Default Blog Image

After a divorce in an Alabama court, a formerly married couple entered into a custody agreement in which husband agreed wife and the children could relocate out-of-state. Under this agreement, the husband was awarded liberal visitation. After some time, the wife decided to go to a court out-of-state to file a petition to modify visitation. This is what brought the husband to Alabama Divorce & Family Lawyers, LLC.

Attorney Richard Perry filed a new petition in the Alabama courts to prevent the client’s ex from modifying the original settlement agreement, and convinced the court that it was in the best interests of the children to live with the client. The court entered an order in which custody was modified to the client, and the mother was ordered to pay husband child support and his attorney fees.

The outcome of an individual case depends on a variety of factors unique to that case. Case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any similar or future case.